Friday, December 11, 2015

Inspired or Copied

We create and design new items all the time, but where do these ideas come from? 

One of the dilemmas I have when designing, am I stealing someone else's design that I have seen at one point in my crafting journey?  Is what I just created really something I CREATED or did I copy someone else's idea.  Did I file an image away in my internal filing cabinet and suddenly, it came to the forefront of my memory when I saw this new beautiful paper.

So my dilemma - is it mine if I "designed" something that looks kind of like someone else's?  Then again is that what being inspired is all about?  Am I copying someone or did they inspire me, did they set my brain in motion for creativity?

Siri's definition of INSPIRED -
     adjective - of extraordinary quality, as if arising from some external creative impulse.
     verb - fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.

I am going to stick with being inspired.  Rhonna Farrer recently said that none of our ideas are ours.  Good ideas come from God and that really struck true for me.  He is my inspiration and he has put so many wonderfully, creative, talented people in my life to INSPIRE me. 

I hope that I am able to inspire others, the way that God has inspired me.  This summer after scrolling through Pinterest, I was inspired to create a fairy book for my granddaughter.  Below is a photo of the photo book that I created. 

My granddaughter and I share a special fondness for fairies and fairy gardens.  This book will be filled with our fairy journey and as I told her, fairies are "FAIRY true".

Inspire to be inspired!





 

2 comments: