Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lurking Skull - Fall Projects

It is almost Halloween time and you can tell by all the fun people are having on Facebook.  One of my friends posted how to find your Halloween name by the first letter of your first and last name.  So until Halloween, just call me Lurking Skull.

While I was lurking around in my skull (haha, I lurk there a lot), I decided it was time to bring up the Halloween decorations.  I found the star and pumpkin project from last year.
The pumpkin was a fast and fun project.  I used stickers from the line Simple Stories, "Sweater Weather" and then Modge Podged over the top to make sure the stickers didn't pop off.  

With a quick cut out of the top, I added a bouquet of fall flowers from Michaels to create a festive center piece for the fall season.

The star took a little more thought and time, but well worth it when finished.  It is a tin star with coordinating paper; that's it!   I used the paper pack from My Mind's Eye, "The Spider's Web".

After cutting and figuring out placement of paper, I modge podged into place, then went over the whole star with Modge Podge.  For a finally touch, I sprayed with a clear glitter paint to give it a nice sparkly look.

Sounds easy enough, but I had a little difficulty with the placement of paper on the star and keeping the bubbles out when applying the paper.  Those were a couple of tricks, but in the end I received the treat.

It is always fun when hanging with your scrapping friends, creating, laughing, and eating junk food.

I would love to hear about fall projects.

Enjoy the fall season,
    Lurking Skull, aka Teresa

2 comments: